The Puyallup Extrication Team
The Puyallup Extrication Team is comprised of 13 professional Firefighters that teach the latest techniques in "Auto Extrication". Our group has instructed numerous NW Fire & Rescue agencies since 2000. In addition to instructing, we have also been competing nationally as well as internationally since 2000 in TERC vehicle rescue competitions. Vehicle extrication is the rescue skill of disentangling and removal of patients who are trapped in severe automobile accidents. Teams of firefighters from around the world compete in these rescue scenarios to enhance their skills, learn new automotive technologies, and help to advance techniques of auto extrication rescue.
Since 2000, with the help of private sponsors and contributions, we have been able to attend advanced rescue seminars, classes, and competitions in the US and Canada. We have competed against and shared knowledge with firefighter teams from all over the US and the world including Canada, United Kingdom, Sweden, Czech Republic, Australia, and South Africa. These interactions have had a compound effect on the way that we perform auto extrication rescues in our own communities.
- 2009 TERC Region 6, Clackams, OR: 1st Place Overall, 1st Place Limited, 3rd Place Unlimited, Top Incident Commander, Runner-up Best Medic
- 2008 TERC Canadian Regional, Calgary: 1st Place Overall, 1st Unlimited, 1st Limited, Top Incident Commander
- 2006 TERC USA National Championship Las Vegas, NV: 7th Overall
- 2006 TERC International Championship Burlington, Ontario, Canada: 10th Overall
- 2005 TERC USA National Championship Las Vegas, NV: 2nd Unlimited, Best Medic
- 2005 TERC USA International Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 2005 TERC USA Northwest Regional, Dallas, Oregon: 1st Unlimited, Rapid & I/C 1st Overall
- 2005 TERC USA 1st Annual NW Regional, Puyallup, WA : 1st Overall & Best Medic
- 2004 TERC USA 1st National Championship, Bethlehem, PA: 2nd Overall, 1st in 3 & 4 events, and Best Paramedic
- 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001 Northwest Regtional, Seattle, WA: 1st Overall in all 4 years
- 2003 TERC International Competition, Dallas, TX: 4th Overall
- 2002 TERC International Competition, Minneapolis, MN: 4th Unlimited Scenario and voted by our peers for "Team Spirit Award"
- 2001 TERC International Competition, Burlington, ONT, Canada: 26th Overall
We have become internationally recognized in these events and they have allowed us to increase our skill and knowledge.